~~ please click on work title to read detailed program notes ~~
1. Endless... (2004) for Orchestra – 5 minutes
Single movement work that endeavours to musically create an impression of endlessness.
2. Illuminations (2003) for Orchestra – 6 minutes
The musical equivalent of a sunrise where progressive visual intensity is emulated through continual
thickening of orchestral texture and expansion of range and dynamic.
3. Rain Dance (2003) for Orchestra – 6 minutes
Single movement depicting the rain and an ensuing energetic dance.
4. Grinding Steel (2002) for Narrator and Orchestra – 7 minutes
A very effective combination of spoken poetic voice and descriptive orchestral music.
5. Reflections of Nature (2000) for Orchestra – 13.5 minutes
Two movements: highly descriptive music represents the forests (texturally) and then the rivers
6. Mirrored Maze (2000) for Orchestra – 9 minutes
Energetic single movement work which musically explores the features of reflection through melodic,
harmonic, and rhythmic means.
7. Dichotomy (1999) for String Orchestra – 9 minutes
Two movements of opposites; the first highlights slow, somber, emotionally charged music while the
second focuses on energetic, light-hearted music.
8. Serastro (1998) for String Orchestra – 13 minutes
An exploration of the timbres, articulation, and characteristics of the string orchestra while exploiting a
variety of contrasts and antiphonal techniques.